Climate Change – Response to Texts
Think carefully about each question, and use evidence from the texts to support your conclusions. Write your answers in full sentences, and use explanations and examples where needed.
- What are two of the largest sources of climate change? Explain what they are.
|Source One:Deforestation||Deforestation Is When You Burn Or Cut Down Forests And It Could Be Bad Because Trees Absorb Carbon Dioxide And When You Cut The Down Or Burn Them They Release It All Into The Environment.|
|Source Two: Fossil Fuels||Fossil Fuels Are Fuels Made From Burning Fossils Or Coal, And They Are Bad For The Environment Because When Burning Them Down To A Liquid You Create Excess Carbon Dioxide|
- Explain what impact climate change is having on our environment. Include at least 2 examples.
|Climate Change Has Many Impacts Like How In Some Places It Can Make The Ocean Rise And Swallow Up An Entire Island And In Others It Can Cause Droughts.|
- What are greenhouse gases?
|GreenHouse Gases Are Gases Produced By Humans And Animals Know As Farts And Burps, And They Are Harmful To The Environment Because They Contain Some Harmful Gases.|
- How does deforestation contribute to climate change?
|DeForestation Contributes to Climate Change Because Trees Absorb Carbon Dioxide And When You Cut The Down Or Burn Them There Is Nothing That Can Absorb The Smog\Air Pollution.|
- Why is it important to reduce our carbon footprint?
|It Is Important To Reduce Our Carbon Footprint Because Carbon Increases The Speed Of Climate Change, And If That Happens Then The Entire World Would End Up Destroyed Due To The Land Drying Up And Every Living Thing Die Of Thirst|
- Do you think we, as New Zealanders,are doing a good job of slowing down climate change? Provide at least 2 reasons for your answer.
|No I Don’t Think That We Are Doing A Good Job With Slowing Down Climate Change Because One, 99% Of Energy In New Zealand Is Fossil Fuel And Two, Around 1840 There Was Already Some 6.7 Hectares Of Forests Destroyed.|