Today I got stuck in my room can you help me escape click on the door to get started. I hope you can get through this challenge.
Today I learnt all about The Samoan flag. I did this for the Summer Learning Journey. I hope that you learnt something from this.
This term I made a gif. This was for my inquiry project. I found this fun because I like to draw. I hope you like my gif.
Today I learnt about friendship. This was fun because I like to learn about stuff like this. I hope you learn something from this.
Today I learnt about proof reading. I liked this because I like writing. I hope that you enjoy
Today I made a movie. I made this with my friend Jaxson. Thanks to Mrs Moala for letting us use some students in her class. Unfortunately We didn’t have enough time to film Jaxson’s part of the script or use his music. I hope you like our video.
For inquiry I made a school tour. I made this in scratch. This was fun because I like to code. I hope you now know where everything in school is.
Today I Learnt about aroha’s way. I had to dance and show how she is Feeling in the picture. I hope you enjoy.
Niue – Questions
Use this article here to help answer the questions below, highlight the answer.
1) This week it is _____ language week.
- a) Samoan b) Tongan
- c) Fijian d) Niuean
2) What is Niue often referred to as?
- a) The sun spot of Polynesia b) The Rock of Polynesia
- c) The tiny island nation d) The heart of the Pacific
3) Who was the first European settler to sight Niue?
- a) Captain James Cook b) Captain Jack Sparrow
- c) Captain James Busby c) Captain Hook
i) When did he sight Niue?
4) How many attempts did Captain Cook make to land in Niue?
- a) Three b) Two
- c) None d) One
- i) Why do you think the people of Niue refused to let him set foot on shore?
→ I think they refused him to step foot because the thought he was trying to conquer the island.
5) What is the population of Niue
- a) 1,200 b) 16,00
- c) 1,600 d) 500
6) Why are the people of Niue considered to be New Zealand citizens?
→ Because they are a part of the commonwealth.
7) There are more Niuean people living in Niue than anywhere else in the world?
- a) True b) False
8) Find one interesting fact about Niue and write it here:
→Most niueans live outside of Niue.
Throughout this term Year 5&6 extension has been learning all about archaeology. We had to find an archaeological site like The Great Pyramids Of Giza, Pompeii and many others. I chose to draw The Sphinx. I found doing the head challenging but I persevered and made it to the end. The easiest part was the background. The background was easy because I just used lines and the paint bucket. I hope you like this drawing.