Niue – Questions
Use this article here to help answer the questions below, highlight the answer.
1) This week it is _____ language week.
- a) Samoan b) Tongan
- c) Fijian d) Niuean
2) What is Niue often referred to as?
- a) The sun spot of Polynesia b) The Rock of Polynesia
- c) The tiny island nation d) The heart of the Pacific
3) Who was the first European settler to sight Niue?
- a) Captain James Cook b) Captain Jack Sparrow
- c) Captain James Busby c) Captain Hook
i) When did he sight Niue?
4) How many attempts did Captain Cook make to land in Niue?
- a) Three b) Two
- c) None d) One
- i) Why do you think the people of Niue refused to let him set foot on shore?
→ I think they refused him to step foot because the thought he was trying to conquer the island.
5) What is the population of Niue
- a) 1,200 b) 16,00
- c) 1,600 d) 500
6) Why are the people of Niue considered to be New Zealand citizens?
→ Because they are a part of the commonwealth.
7) There are more Niuean people living in Niue than anywhere else in the world?
- a) True b) False
8) Find one interesting fact about Niue and write it here:
→Most niueans live outside of Niue.